Monday, November 19, 2007

Aloke

I shot a friend's band named Aloke (http://myspace.com/aloke) this past friday night at a small venue called Matchless in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. I met Christian a few months ago when he was working as a PA on some shoot I was assisting. I think they got a great thing going and its been cool to see them grow even in the small time I've known them. We've been talking about trying to do some pictures for thier promo package. Also they're down with me tagging along on thier next tour so I can do some road/tour pictures, which is something I've always wanted to do since I was a kid. When I shoot bands live it is real hard to get something different, I really just got to shoot and shoot and hope that something gets caught just right, I'm sure the more you do it the more you can anticipate those images, but still 99% of what you see out there looks very similar. My favorite time is what happens before and after the preformance. I guess thats why this picture is up, it was shot within 5 minutes of the show ending.


Christian, Lead singer/Guitar of Aloke. Greenpoint, Brooklyn 2007

No comments: