Saturday, September 18, 2010

East Coast Trip...

Kate and I had a little excursion to the East Coast for a last minute video gig in NYC and then a wedding in Massachusetts. It was great to get back to MA. We had both been back to NYC since moving to LA but it had been a full year since we had been back to the hometown area. It was an insane trip, we pretty much had everyday scheduled out before we left.


wing_triptych
LAX to JFK





While in NYC we worked with my friend Andrew Yee on a video piece to accompany a story he was shooting for the Finacial Times of London. We're really stoked with how the video work is going. We're hoping to have a site up in the next month or so with three completed projects.

kate_b&w_1000512
Kate
Drive In Studios, NYC






We were in NYC for about 36 hrs. Got to see my mom and some people met us at a bar in BK. It was a super quick/spontaneous visit to NY but we crammed it in.


When we got to MA it was rainy, I forget how much I like to take pictures in the rain, the quality of light and wet pavement...
kate_rain_b&w_1000550
Kate in front of the house she grew up in.
Salisbury, MA







Our main mission while up in MA was our good friend Alia's wedding. I shot stills and Kate shot a bit of video. It was a beautiful wedding. A big congrats to Alia & Andy.
_1000564
Alia's parent's dog
Rowley, MA

alia&andy_MG_2952
Alia & Andy
Rowley, MA





Kate and I both grew up pretty much on the NH boarder. You can walk to NH from Kate's parent's house.
bike_nh_1000574
Chopper
Seabrook, NH






During our time up in New England Kate's parents were RV'ing in ME. We drove up and visited them, it is beautiful up there.
kate_sebago_1000606
Kate wading out into the lake
Sebago Lake, ME






The day after we visited Kate's parent up in ME we drove down to see my dad and step mom. We went canoeing in a little lake down the road from their house.
dad_canoe_1000629
My Dad
Fremont, NH

water_1000651
Water
Fremont, NH





I've done several variations of this picture in the past. This one is close to what I've been trying to achieve.
dad_yard_1010058
My Dad in his backyard
Fremont, NH





I'm really digging this portrait of Kate, something about screen that adds some magic to a picture.
kate&screen_1010060
Kate
Fremont, NH






A few random snaps from the trip...
skull_1010112
Skull
Rowley, MA





nh&cart_1010161
Shopping cart at sunset
Seabrook, NH








We visited a bunch of other people up there as well. Not all the pictures made the cut for this post. It was a stressful week but was also super nice to visit everyone we got to see. I shipped my 4x5 camera to LA while there, so I'm hoping to get that up and running in the next week or so. We also shot a little personal project of a huge influence in my life, Ed Emberley. Images and video of that to come as well. If your child likes to draw I think his books are a must for them.
Next post is a few snaps from my week or two in LA before I traveled to Florida for an assisting gig and to visit my grandma. I just got back yesterday from that trip so I am hoping to catch up on all these posts in the next few days.

No comments: