Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Pretty much all caught up...

So this is my last catch up post, another roadside memorial. This one was in Malibu as well.

_MG_1935
Malibu, CA





I just recently traded in my Contax G2 for a Lumix GF1. I know some people would cringe at that idea but I made the realization that the Contax is an amazing camera, but it was the size and low key-ness of it that I had enjoyed most. I still have rolls to process, never mind if I ever get around to scanning them. For a while now I've been trying to find a digital equivalent that wasn't thousands of dollars like the Leica M9. I love shooting 4x5 and I will always keep my Hasselblad but with the Contax I just had a real hard time justifying the price of film and processing for 35mm.
A couple of photographers I assist had got the GF1 but I hadn't seen any photos from it until my friend and fellow assistant/photographer Nik Jung showed me some images of his shot on it and I was sold. Check out Nik's website and blog. He just started a solo motorcycle cross country trip that should be pretty rad to follow along with.

No comments: