Monday, March 09, 2009

Harbour Island Locals

So as I mentioned in a previous post I was on a gig in Harbor Island and was lucky enough to have about a 1/2 hour to and an hour most afternoons to go and make some pictures. It was a lot of fun and is something that I probably would have not done a few years ago due to the fact that I used to not be comfortable shooting strangers. I've gotten over that now and it has expanded a whole world of possibilities of picture making. Here's 12 proofs from the trip.




Hotel worker on his way to his break.
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008








Chico hanging out during a break from the shoot.
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008








Men on their way to the boat dock.
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008







Painter taking a cigarette break.
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008






I've learned that kids can be tough. They almost always want to pose and smile but I think this one works.

Children on their way home from school.
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008







My favorite landscape I've take in a long time. Notice the dead chicken to the lower left of the frame.

A clothes rack and a dead chicken.
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008









A man on his way home from work.
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008









Old cemetery
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008








Sun breaks through after a storm.
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008











Older man watching the sunset.
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008









Young girl eating flavored frozen ice.
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008









A little mixup for myself, a tight portrait. I've been getting tighter lately, something I plan on doing more of.

Portrait of a young man.
Harbour Island, Bahamas 2008


So I am now caught up on proof scanning all my latest processed film. I've shot some 4x5 portraits lately, so new negs are piling up for processing and now that the weather has been nicer I plan on shooting a lot more. I also have a new webpage in the works that I'm pretty excited about. I don't want to talk to much about it but I'll say right now that its not another portfolio site. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really feeling this new stuff!