Friday, November 13, 2009

SX-70

Kate and I went hunting for a posing stool for the our loft at the famous Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena. I didn't find a stool but a pretty cool old wooden box which you'll see in a post in the near future. The other find, which I was a bit hesitant to get at first, was an old SX-70 Polaroid camera. I had heard that The Impossible Project was going to be making film for the SX-70 again and it was in really good shape. Kate helped talk me into getting it as well which I am so stoked we did. I ordered some expired film just to make sure the thing worked because The Impossible Project isn't supposed to be producing anything for another few months. We figured the worst case scenario was that it was broken and would just look cool on our shelf, but it does work! So here are our first two pictures.




pola2
Parking Lot
Downtown, Los Angeles 2009






pola101
View from Runyon Canyon
Los Angeles 2009
by Kate Amengual




I'll scan the rest as we shoot them.

2 comments:

MCR said...

awesome!

Jung Paek said...

These images are absolutely stunning!