Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A town hall meeting...

I was in the area so I went up to Portsmouth, NH yesterday to check out the scene around the President's town hall meeting at the local high school. I was drawn more to the people against health care reform, I don't consider myself a photojournalist so I'm not trying to depict any kind of skew by photographing them more than the other side, they just happened to be more interesting looking to me.
It was a very frustrating scene. Both sides yelled things at each other that really neither sides cares about. So no one was going to convince either side of anything.
I was hoping to see the President, but I didn't. To be honest, the whole experience kind of bummed me out.




_MG_9249
Sticker







_MG_9180
Family of protesters








_MG_9202
Elderly protester








_MG_9207
Line to get into the event








_MG_9214
Younger protesters








_MG_9217
A protester and his dog








_MG_9219
Protest signs







_MG_9222
Protester with neon green sign







_MG_9230
Health care reform supporter with pipe







_MG_9239
Health care reform supporters' resting spot






_MG_9243
Protester with bull horn

No comments: