Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Two people I'm feeling right now...

Check out the work of Greg Miller. From what I read briefly he just finished his Guggenheim Fellowship. Amazing body of work that I'm still making my way through. Also really feeling the "Cruel Story of Youth" project by Jennifer Loeber. Her other photographs aren't too bad, but this particular project is pretty nice.

Not sure if you've noticed but I've streamlined the blog a bit, thank you Nick Haggard for the help and tips. If you've never seen Nick's pictures before its definitely worth checking out. He's also started a blog.
Just purchased my own 150mm lens for my Toyo so I'm hoping to make some new photos over the holidays and working on the "People You May Know" (working title) project. Feels weird about titling it but I can't just keep calling it "the project".

UPDATE: I just received a super nice email from Greg Miller thanking me for mentioning him on my blog. He had some very nice things to say about my work and also mentioned that he's only halfway through his Guggenheim Fellowship (6 months more). So definitely keep an eye out for new work from him over the next year.
As well as being a great photographer Greg teaches large format photography at the ICP in NY.

No comments: