Friday, July 22, 2011

Interview by Pete Brook on Prison Photography

My latest interview about the Homies series is by Pete Brook who's blog Prison Photography has really given a venue to socially conscious image making and issues surrounding prisons, incarceration, and social justice. His blog was recently awarded 'Best Photoblog Award 2011' by LIFE. Pete is also the editor of Wired's photography blog Raw File.


I have had a few other interviews on this project but I think that Pete really hit on a few great questions about my process both visually and conceptually. Please take a sec. to check it out here.


Screen shot 2011-07-22 at 10.59.23 AM

I feel that each time I get to do one of these interviews I get to rethink the project a bit and explain things a little better. I am starting to really enjoy the process of writing and talking about my work which is something I really haven't had to do since art school.

No comments: