Thursday, April 09, 2009

The MassArt 20th Annual Benefit Art Auction part 2

So in a previous post I mentioned and showed the framed Chuck Close portrait that I donated to the Mass. Art Auction. The auction took place this past weekend and it went for a real great price which was good news in itself but that is not all. I received a phone call today that a second collector would like to purchase another print from the edition. I'm super flattered. The Chuck Close portrait is probably one of my most if not the most iconic portrait that I have made to date. Every time make a new portrait I hope it's my "next chuck picture". Others have come close but I think its a combination of the man and the actual photo that makes it so special. In the end I'm thankful to Chuck, Swindle Mag and Mass Art for making it all possible.

No comments: